Monday, March 31, 2014

And Then There Were ALMOST 5

So much has taken place since I wrote my last post on our adoption. 
Some adoption stuff has happened and some is just life. 
First of all, you might be confused by my post title..."almost 5"?
Yes, Daniel, Sarina, Hannah and hopeful adopted baby brother
Well, that is 4 you say...well, yes...that's because on Saturday we found out that...
WE ARE 5 WEEKS PREGNANT with Baby G# 2
"WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?
WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!? What?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?"
Umm, yes that was our response. 
Total surprise and 100% unexpected.
We both thought, wow, what is God doing?
(He is incredibly amazing and miraculous)
I just can't even express how much love and joy we feel about how gracious our God has been to us on this journey. 
It's still sinking in...and to say "I'm pregnant" just sounds bizarre considering all that I've been through and honestly, I never really thought that would be part of our future. 
We are so overjoyed to possibly have two children within 8 months!!

Now that we have gotten that on the table, let's back up a little. 

We were supposed to find out if the birth mother chose us, as of last Tuesday. 
Plans changed and she had to work and did not meet with the social worker.
So, we have been looking forward to tomorrow when she was supposed to meet with the social worker. Of course between last Tuesday and tomorrow we found out we are pregnant. What did this mean?
Well, many people who adopt get pregnant after they adopt. For us? Of course the reverse!
So, we felt it was the only honest thing to do, if we called our social worker to let her know of the pregnancy. Of course she was grateful we did and she needed some time to think about how that would affect our adoption plans. Her concern was that I might not be capable of taking care of the baby while being pregnant, because it would be too trying on me. We talked through this and it was a really good conversation. Then, we waited and prayed and just knew that God has this!

This morning I went for a blood hcg test and hope to get the results later this week. As you can see, those tests are from Saturday, Sunday and Monday, each day was darker than the first. Good news? I hope so.
I am feeling great, of course I've already busted out of my 6's and into the 10's due to bloating...that always happens fast for me. I am having some insomnia at night and frequent urination, but otherwise doing well!
We do know that we are never guaranteed anything in this life. We rejoice with this pregnancy, but also remember the three previous miscarriages we have had. We know that there is always a possibility of miscarriage, but we are hopeful that this baby is truly a miracle and will carry to term. What if we are wrong? Well, we trust in the sovereignty of God and we know that all we encounter in this life goes through His hands. So, we will not fear, we will keep our heads high and continue looking to God for his plans in our life.
This pregnancy is just another element to God's great story in our life.

So, we waited until TODAY when our social worker asked us to call her at 4:30 p.m. 
We have been praying about what her response would be and that it would be what God wanted.
Her response was a bit overwhelming...she said that she was willing to let us move forward as long as the birth mother was accepting of the current situation. So, we will know more Thursday, when the birth mother will finally and officially see our book and hear about our family. We trust that if this child is to be placed in out family, that she will accept us knowing of this pregnancy. 
 If she chooses not to accept our family, then the social worker said we will just move on until we find a birth mother that is willing to accept our family as is.Wow, that's amazing, just what we wanted and we are still thanking and praising God for his wonderful works.  

Ephesians 3:20
 "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us"

We have more to pray for now, than ever...

1) Pray for God's provision and will in every aspect of our life. 
We desire to follow his lead and to rely on Him with all our circumstances. 
2) Pray that this birth mother may still choose us, despite the news of this pregnancy.
3) Pray for healthy growing Baby G #2, and Momma too ;-)
4) Pray for God to be glorified in all we think, say and do!

6 comments:

Tanya said...

God has a sense of humor for sure! I am so glad I get to be on this journey along side you to see God at work and see you step out in faith! Hopefully I will be two niece/nephews richer soon:)

Anonymous said...

Amazing news! Praying for your sweet family!

Jessica said...

Praying that God's Will happens, and I hope this time isn't too stressful for you!

Rachel said...

Congratulations! Surrounding you, baby and your family in prayer. God's will and timing is perfect. Love.

Carol said...

We are praying for the best outcome for your (our) family.

Carol said...

We are praying for the best outcome for your/our family